To help schools understand what motivates girls to take part, enabling teachers to work with girls through consultation and leadership to make the necessary changes to their PE, sport and physical activity provision to engage all girls in ways that appeal to them.
There are positive relationships that should be supported by whole school policies and practice:
- Take a long-term approach to engaging girls
- Put developing self-confidence at the heart of PE
- Make PE and sport relevant to girls' lives
- Recognise the power of friends to drive progress
- Develop role models for the future
- Empower girls to design, deliver and interact with PE and sport