Gaisce is the most prestigious youth award in Ireland and is a challenge to young people from the President of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins to dream big and realise their potential.
A big part of the Gaisce award is the physical challenge giving a great sense of empowerment. Making a difference, effecting change and enabling young people to shape their own path to self-discovery.
Physical activity is great for both body and mind and is essential for a person’s well-being.
In this Challenge Area, you can choose to improve your ability in a physical activity you already take part in or try out a new sport or exercise.
The physical activity should be set at an appropriate level for your capability.
Activities can be undertaken on an individual basis, or as part of a team.
In the case of a team sport, it is the individual effort and commitment that counts.
- Improved fitness and physical health
- Enhanced self-discipline, perseverance and self-motivation
- Experience a sense of achievement
- Develop a lifelong commitment to physical wellbeing
- Enjoyment of the physical activity they choose
- Discover new abilities
- Team sport
- Fitness videos