The Camogie Association is thrilled to have been awarded funding to run a pilot teenage camp combining camogie with other activities!
The Camogie Association is thrilled to have been awarded funding to run a pilot teenage camp combining camogie with other activities of interest, as selected by the teenage focus groups held earlier this year by our Leinster Participation and Growth Coordinator.
The other activities will include:
- Nutrition Talk and Bake Practical
- Dance Troupe
- Percussion and Bongo Drums Workshop
- Teen Leadership Workshop
- Multisport Try It’s (Badminton, Tag Rugby, LGFA),
- Guest Speaker
- Along with of course Camogie Games, Skill Stations, Wall Ball etc
The camp will run from Monday the 10th – Thursday the 13th of July in Offaly and is open for any 12 years to 17-year-olds within the Offaly area.
- Each participant will receive lunch each day and a merchandise pack: including a hoodie, t-shirt, water bottle, wristbands, pens and more.
- Places are strictly limited to 30 girls. The 30 girls will be selected from the applications and contacted by email to parent/guardian on Friday 23rd June with their place offering. This is a fully funded initiative. However, a fee of €30 per selected participant is required and is fully reimbursed to the participant on attendance at the camp to ensure we fulfil capacity.
Applications are now open for this Camogie Association initiative for those in the Offaly area.
- Application can be found here: Microsoft Forms
- Applications close on Wednesday 20th June @ 5pm.
- The 30 selected participants will be notified by email provided on Friday 23rd June to their place.